Lasallian Volunteers of The De La Salle Christian Brothers
Job Overview: The Recruitment Coordinator for Lasallian Volunteers, working as a team member, has responsibility for assisting in all programmatic efforts. The Recruitment Coordinator will also manage all recruitment efforts and include other staff in these efforts.
General Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
1. Development of yearly recruitment plan.
2. Transition recruitment plan from system where Recruitment Coordinator is primary visitor to a system where the Recruitment Coordinator is an organizer, manager and contact person.
3. Coordinate recruitment efforts at all of the Lasallian Colleges & Universities and key non-Lasallian colleges/universities. Create, sustain and strengthen key relationships with college personnel and on the ground recruitment representatives (i.e. alumnus, current volunteers, etc.).
4. Organize Registration and Attendance at volunteer fairs.
5. Connect and manage current and alum LVs to recruitment efforts; design a recruitment packet for their use and a recruitment schedule.
6. Recruit, organize and manage LV Scholars. Maintain regular communication to provide guidance and support.
7. Invite and accompany candidates through the discernment and application process: foster relationships with applicants; make initial and continuous contact via e-mail, phone and on-campus meetings, keep updated database/mailing lists of interested candidates, follow up with information requests through the website.
8. Collaborate with the Associate Director to oversee the system of processing applications: collect, organize and create physical and electronic files for all applicants, review applications, schedule final interviews, collaborate with the LV leadership team on final interview, selection and placement process of applicants.
9. Oversee production of recruitment materials and regular mailings to colleges/universities and Lasallian high schools.
10. Connect with the volunteers, sites and communities by completing 2-4 site and community visits per semester.
11. Regularly check and manage the LV e-mail account and other accounts connected to the program.
12. Assist with implementation and planning of Orientation, Midyear and Debriefing Retreats.
13. Assist/Aid in the operations of Christian Brothers Conference.
14. Assist with overall development of the program.
Travel (will include but not limited to):
- College Visits/Recruitment (approximately 2-6 in-person visits per collegiate academic year)
- LV Retreats (July, January & May)
- Some Development gatherings
- 2-4 site/community visits (Fall & Spring)
- Staff retreats
- Lasallian & non-Lasallian Conferences
- Priority to attend Lasallian Colleges/Universities and key non-Lasallian Universities.
- Previous long-term volunteer experience.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Lasallian Volunteers team.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to participate in Lasallian Formation Programs.
- Location of Office: Christian Brothers Conference, located in Washington, D.C.
Start Date: September 1, 2015
Benefits: Full health benefits, Employee Pension Plan, 403B Employee Match, Professional Development
Application Deadline: August 7, 2015
Applicant should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Director of Lasallian Volunteers
415 Michigan Ave NE
Washington, DC 20017