Three former Lasallians Volunteers are among the 11 delegates representing the Lasallian Region of North America (RELAN) at the upcoming 3rd International Symposium of Young Lasallians:
- Jolleen Wagner, LV Director who served as an LV at San Miguel Schools Chicago – Gary Comer Campus (2004-2007)
- Sarah Laitinen, teacher at The San Miguel School of Providence, RI, who served as an LV at the same school (2007-2009)
- Chris Swain, Director of Community at Justin-Siena High School in Napa, CA, who served as an LV at the former San Miguel School in Camden, NJ (2004-2006).
The former LVs and fellow delegates will blog daily from the symposium, which will take place in Rome February 9-15, 2014. The objective of the gathering is to develop common and international Young Lasallian Mission Objectives for the Young Lasallian (YL) Movement across the Lasallian Network into the future. It will also address those recommendations from the International Mission Assembly directed at Young Lasallians.
The more than 45 delegates will:
- Reflect on the impact of Young Lasallians to date;
- Explore and vision the potential of Young Lasallians in our Schools, Districts, Sectors, Regions, and Internationally;
- Discuss the role of Young Lasallians as agents of change, especially for youth;
- Plan how to further support the Lasallian mission and charism;
- Deepen their individual and communal spiritualities.