Lasallian Volunteers of The De La Salle Christian Brothers
Job Overview: The Associate Director is responsible for directing and assisting in the activities of the program. The Associate Director is a part of a four-member-team which includes the Director, Director of Development and the Coordinator of Recruitment. The Associate Director will travel extensively and assist with recruitment, interviewing, placement and advancement (personal, professional & spiritual) of 50-60 volunteers. The Associate Director will coordinate and manage many levels of program logistics, including: communicating with site & community directors, and collecting and updating frequently used forms, documents and other office materials. The Associate Director assists the Director in the overall operations of the program. In the absence of the Director, the Associate Director acts in lieu of the Director.
General Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Overall implementation and planning for Orientation, Midyear and Debriefing Retreats; organize planning committees for these formation programs.
- Organize and oversee site/community visits in collaboration with the Director; lead site/community check-ins during staff conference calls.
- Connect with the volunteers, sites and communities by completing site and community visits.
- Lasallian College/University visits as necessary
- Assist with overall office operations at National Office
- Assistance with overall development of the program.
- Coordinating relationships with new sites/communities or termination.
- Under the guidance of the Director, supervise and conduct annual performance reviews of the Recruitment Coordinator.
- Manages and implements all AmeriCorps requirements and is a liaison to CVN/AEAP. The position necessitates collaboration with contacts at all sites and communities as well as CVN/AEAP.
- Willingness to participate in Lasallian Formation Programs.
- Formal Catholic/Christian formation (e.g. lay leadership program, Christian community living, Religious Formation, Lasallian Formation programs, etc.).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor or higher degree in an educational, social service, religious or other related field.
- 2+ years work experience in an educational, social service, religious or other related field.
- Understanding of a full-time, faith-based volunteer experience (special focus on community living & spiritual development).
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Location of Office:
The Christian Brothers Conference, located in Washington, DC
Full health benefits, Employee Pension Plan, 403B Employee
Match, Professional Development
Immediately; until position is filled
Applicant should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Director of Lasallian Volunteers
Hecker Center, Suite 300
3025 4th Street NE
Washington, DC 20017