Job Overview: The Event Coordinator has primary responsibility for general administrative support to the Christian Brothers Conference Event Team. The Event Coordinator is a full-time position and is a member of a four member team which includes the Executive Director, Programs Director, and the Event Planner.
Christian Brothers Conference (CBC) is the office for the USA-Toronto Region (USAT) of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools. The Conference provides programming and support for Lasallian educators through the Region’s four Districts and their 100 ministries. It is rooted in the vision and innovations of Saint John Baptist de La Salle, the founder of the Institute and the patron saint of teachers.
General Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Organize and prepare materials for events (meetings, conferences, programs ranging in attendance from 15-300), ensuring all materials are properly compiled and delivered to all parties as appropriate
- Work with Event Team and Communications Department to coordinate published materials
- Support events related to planning committees and task groups
- Coordinate travel and accommodations as necessary
- Database entries, compile and process expense reports and coordinate supplies
- Assist with correspondence and event files, faxing and scanning
- Assist with soliciting underwriters, sponsors, advertisers and exhibitors
- Create and maintain department contact lists for venues, restaurants, speakers’ bureaus, etc.
- Maintain event management calendar
- Assist Event Planner in printing name badges, processing invoice requisitions, following up on payment post-event, etc.
- Answer and return phone calls
- Minimal travel nationally for events
- Work as part of the overall team to support the work of the Christian Brothers Conference
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant non-profit event planning experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the event planning team
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, databases and internet
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Education
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Location of Office: The Christian Brothers Conference, located in Washington, DC
Start Date: March 1, 2012
Benefits: Full health benefits, Employee Pension Plan, 403B Employee Match, Professional Development
Application Deadline: February 10, 2012 or until position is filled.
Applicant should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Dr. Margaret McCarty
Christian Brothers Conference
3025 Fourth Street NE, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20017